Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 2012 -- Back to Work

While preparing for Career Number 4, Internet Sales, I have been researching marketing techniques. The necessity for creating a blog was raised as an important step by three different articles on the subject. I added an item to my todo list -- Create a Blog.

My friend @eddiehudson3 has a really cool blog. I decided to emulate eddie's sucess. When I went to create an account on BlogSpot, I found, to my surprise, that I already had a fully functional blog. I must really be getting old. I had completely forgotten that the blog existed.

It is time for an update.

I am now five years older and have watched my weight climb back to its highest point and then receed again to the 275 range. I am still on weight watchers online and try to record my food intake and activity each day.

During the five years since my last post, I accepted a position with United Airlines, working as a Reservations Agent. In that position, I sit at a computer for eight hours per day talking with customers on the phoine, providing service to help them solve travel problems. I stopped going to the gym and began wathching CNN. The result was a slow and steady weight gain.

In January of this year, I was diagnosed with Gillain Barre Syndrome. That is a condition that causes the immune system to attack the nerves in the limbs. It causes numbness, tingling, partial paralysis, loss of balance, and extreme weakness. After 5 weeks of intensive hospital rehabilitation, 6 weeks of in-home rehab, and 4 weeks of out-patient rehab, I was cleared to return to work.

My weight is back under control due to hospital food and a rededication to exercise and food tracking. I am making a promise to myself -- do not let the weight pile on.

Wish me luck --

bob eiferd
bobeiferd@aol.com
@bobeiferd
www.brownstownmarketplace.com
eBay - Brownstown Marketplace
Etsy - Flat Rock Marketplace

No comments: